2021 State of the State
On Monday, Governor Greg Abbott delivered his 2021 State Of The State Address, outlining his emergency priorities.
1. Expanding Broadband Access for Texans
2. Prevent Cities from Defunding the Police
3. Fixing the Bail System by Passing the Damon Allen Act
4. Election Integrity to Ensure Texans Can Have Trust and Confidence in the Outcome of Elections
5. Coronavirus-Related Civil Protections for Individuals, Businesses, and Health Care Providers That Operated Safely during the Pandemic Declaring these items as “emergencies” allows lawmakers to pass legislation related to these issues within the first 60 days of the session.
Beto O’Rourke for Governor?
The former congressman from El Paso told a radio station that he’s considering running for Texas governor in the next election.
“It’s something I’m going to think about,” O’Rourke said. “I want to make sure we have someone in the highest office in our state who’s going to make sure that all of us are OK.”
House Committees You Say?
Rumor has it that House Committee assignments will be announced this week. Everyone is patiently waiting to be picked.
We will keep you updated and send you that information as soon as it becomes available for us to share.
Only in Austin…
Remain calm Star Wars fans, this is not an old R2-D2 model.
As an extra layer of safety against COVID, UV sanitation robots like this are being used daily to sanitize rooms in the Texas Capitol Building.