Only in Austin…
The Stevie Ray Vaughan statue at Auditorium Shores is in compliance with Austin/Travis County’s facial covering requirement, which is in effect through at least May 8th.
Governor Greg Abbott Closes Texas Schools, Begins to Open Texas Economy
Gov. Abbott made several big announcements recently:
- A “strike force” of consultants will advise the Governor on reopening the Texas economy.
- Texas Schools will remain closed through the rest of the school year.
- State parks were allowed to reopen Monday, April 20 — with restrictions in place to ensure social distancing.
- Doctors in non-frontline specialties may resume some procedures beginning today, Wednesday, April 22.
- “Retail to Go” — retailers will be able to open drive-up operations starting Friday, April 24.
- On Monday, April 27, after consultation with medical advisors and provided progress continues in slowing the spread of the coronavirus, additional openings will be announced; this includes consideration of eliminating the stay-at-home policy, currently set to expire April 30.
Texas State Representative Mary González Named to Legislative Budget Board
Rep. Mary González (D-Clint) was appointed to the 10-member Legislative Budget Board by Texas House Speaker Dennis Bonnen on Monday. The LBB, which was created by statute in 1949, develops the recommended state budget for the Texas Legislature at the beginning of every legislative session.
Rep. González has served in the Texas House since 2013 where she represents House District 75, a district that encompasses east El Paso County and the towns of San Elizario, Socorro, Clint, Fabens and Tornillo.
Cooped Up and Craving a Little ‘Cue? Have Texas Barbecue Shipped to You
If you’re weary of cooking in quarantine, Texas Monthly has thoughtfully rounded up a list of Texas BBQ joints and meat suppliers that can ship their goodies straight to you. Because while there’s nothing better than an April hill country drive through the bluebonnets to your favorite BBQ joint, having it arrive at your door is not a bad substitute.