Early Voting has started!
Early voting started Tuesday, February 20, 2018 and ends Friday, March 02, 2018. Primary Election Day is March 6, 2018. Get out the vote and take some friends with you! During early voting, you can vote at any polling location in your county. On election day, you may have to vote at a specific polling location. Locate your polling location here: https://teamrv-mvp.sos.texas.gov/MVP/mvp.do
What do you need to bring with you to the polls to satisfy voter ID requirements?
The following is a list of acceptable photo IDs at the polling place:
• Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
• Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
• Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
• Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
• United States Military Identification Card containing the person’s photograph
• United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
• United States Passport (book or card)
You can also bring voter guides and handwritten notes with you.
Here is a link to the League of Women Voters Primary Election Guide. https://my.lwv.org/texas
Some local Leagues have more detailed guides including local races. https://my.lwv.org/texas/find-local-league
Only in Austin…
“Yippee Ki Yay” is complete and open to the public at Pease Park. The structures are made from locally harvested Texas ash, Ligustrum, and depression willow—much of it brought in from Hershey Ranch near Stonewall. It took 8 tons of natural materials, three weeks, and a team of volunteers to bring the vision of Patrick Dougherty to life. To read more…